If your employer has set your Group RRSP as “unlocked” (i.e. you can make changes at any time), then you can adjust your contribution amount using the desktop platform on your computer or smartphone browser.
- Navigate to your Group RRSP.
- Scroll down to the Group RRSP contributions box and click Change your contribution.
- Adjust the contribution amount in the field manually or by selecting the Maximize my employer’s contributions box, which will default to match the highest amount your employer will deposit per pay period.
- Review the total contribution and the date it will take effect.
- Click Set my contribution.
For unlocked plans, contribution adjustments need to be made at least 4 days prior to the next pay period in order to be processed in time. Otherwise, any changes will be reflected on the follow pay period.
If your employer has set your Group RRSP as “locked,” you won’t be able to make changes on the desktop platform once they’ve been set. You will have to go through your employer’s admin to make any adjustments to your contribution amount.
Please sign in to leave a comment.